Exercise after treatment? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Smile Exercise after treatment?

Hello. I am a 23 year old female with a PWS on my right cheek. I had treatment yesterday and I am very swollen, though not in any pain. I typically workout an average of 3 hours a day. I run for an hour on the treadmill and either do a ballet or yoga class as well everyday. In addition, I do some toning and other cardio stuff at home. I obviously won't be attending any classes for a few days but I was wondering when it would be okay to start exercising again? Would it be okay to take a brisk walk or slow jog within the next few days? Also, although I have had sporadic treatments for about 13 years now I will be going to treatments every few weeks for the next couple of moths and was wondering if there were any detriment to working out in general with a PWS, or if the strenuous exercise somehow counteracts treatment at all?

Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

Those are questions you should ask your physician. If you want, you can ask one of our experts at http://birthmark.org/experts.php

I usually hate it when I miss a day of working out and I'm a big slug. I run for 30 minutes and do a bit of yoga and when I don't get to do it in the morning, I don't feel so good the rest of the day.

I can't see anything wrong with a brisk walk, but, as I said, I would make sure before I did anything much more than that.

Missy
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 AM

wow. ok i suddenly feel like a lazy beach bum. lol

should sunlight be avoid after treatments ? excessive heat ?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:54 PM

Thanks! I think I will ask one of the experts and contact my doctor. It's been a few weeks now and I have only taken three very slow walks on the treadmill when I couldn't stand doing nothing anymore but it seems to be healing much more slowly this time which I'm hoping is purely coincidental :\
Old 05-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Let us know what the response is. I'm a huge slug and can't imagine going three weeks without!