3 days after treatment, not looking good, please help! - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 08-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Dr. Nelson seemed to think that, based on what I told him, the machine was set too high during the treatment. Dr. Geronemus mentioned that it was difficult to tell from just the picture, but that I should keep warm compresses on it and continue using Aquaphor to keep the area moist. The warm compresses were very helpful. It's coming along well now with very little scabbing remaining. I think that the treatment is going to be effective, though the recovery period was challenging for the first week. Will post more pictures of the final results in the next month or so!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Mike,

I'm sooo glad you're feeling better. I guess this was a rough one. Do you think it will have been worth it if you get better results?

Looking forward to an update soon!

Missy
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM

I think that the results have been worth it. It's still fading some and I'd say that it has been by far the most effective treatment to date. I do notice some very slight 'pitting' where the laser hit but in most places I really have to be looking very closely to see it. I'm not sure I would go back to the same doctors without talking to them about the scabbing and bleeding first, however.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Administrator

I am so glad to hear good news from you. I was worried about you for a while there.

Keep in touch! We want to keep up with you.

Missy

PS... post a photo of the clearing, if you would!