son with PWS on torso - what do we do? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roub View Post
hi momtoxman. i'm 22 years old and with a pws on my right leg, thigh, 2 toes and even my butt. my parents have never bothered about it. i never had any health problems but i always cover it up. because else people stare !! of course i can't cover my toes. so people stare at them and usually ask me why they are purple. so imagine if i did not cover the upper part !! i think u took the right decision by not doing laser because this might create further complications n neway the pws won't go away. he will have to accept he was born with it and it is a part of him. i have not come over it yet.till date no boyfriend. i'm afraid they would freak out when seeing it n i will feel even more complexed than i'm already am
Roub,
Don't let the PWS hold you back. It took a while for me to jump into the dating pool because of how I thought others would perceive it. You have to look at in in the sense that if someone else has an issue with your PWS, then that is their problem, not yours. Put yourself out there and see what happens. I am not going to lie, it is REALLY tough, but in the end it is worth it. Use your PWS to your advantage, it will help people remember who you are, which is always a benefit, don't ever hide who you really are.