Hemangioma between eyes at 7 weeks - any input/advice? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

   VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:11 PM
meganhuddleston meganhuddleston is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Default Hemangioma between eyes at 7 weeks - any input/advice?

Hi all -

I just recently came across this board - it seems like a great community.

My daughter Stella is 7 weeks. She has a hemangioma between her eyes, probably less than 1/2" from her left eye. It appeared between 1-2 weeks, and has grown fairly consistently since then. It's slightly raised, and appears to be more so as it grows.

We discussed briefly with the pediatrician at our 4 week appt. At the time, I wasn't too concerned about it, and was comfortable with the wait and see approach. As it's grown a bit more (and frankly as I've researched a bit more), I've become more anxious about it and am more interested in seeing a specialist and possibly seeking treatment - especially given how close it is to her eye.

Her next appt with the pediatrician isn't for another 2 weeks. I plan to ask about a referral then (though I may just call before then - as I'm concerned I then may have to wait for weeks to see the ped derm... and all of this may be a bit easier to do while I'm out on mat leave). In the meantime, I'd love any input/advice from folks who have been in similar situations.

--Is this size/type of H something that you think warrants treatment vs wait and see approach? (should be pic attached). If so, what would be the treatment likely recommended?
--Is Timorol (from what I can gather, fewer to no side effects, though potentially less effective?) typically tried before Propanolol? Is that something a pediatrician can prescribe?
--Any recommendations on specialists in Chicago? I know there are a few names listed on the site as well, but if anyone has experience with one, that would be helpful to know.

Thanks so much -- I really appreciate it!

Megan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stella 7 weeks close up small.jpg (83.1 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump