Cavernous Hemangioma on shoulder - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 AM

Default Cavernous Hemangioma on shoulder

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this website! I just went to the Dermatologist today to get a second opinion on my sons hemangioma and she said exactly what his pediatrician said which is to wait it out. I was disappointed that there is nothing I can do to make it go away.
I just wondered how I should deal with other people staring and commenting on it. Sometimes people can be so insensitive and it frustrates me knowing my poor baby (now 12months) has no clue he is different in any way. I get scared thinking of how mean other kids can be and fear for the day when he will get picked on . It does hang out of his clothes and I find myself constantly covering it.
Am I right in just letting time heal it since it's not debilitating in anyway? Or should I get treatment sooner than later....he is already a year old.

Last edited by jpe2011 : 09-06-2012 at 02:36 AM.