foot vascular malformation - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 09-23-2012, 07:22 PM

Default foot vascular malformation

My son has a vascular malformation of the right foot which was discovered during puberty. It is mainly on top of foot and does not bother him too much but we went for treatment as it is rather large. He had first embolization a year ago and was walking and resuming normal activities a few days later, however no real improvement. He now had his second one 12 days ago and the doctor told me he was a little more aggressive. When we got home the day of procedure my son could not even stand to have hos foot wrapped it was so painful. Now 12 days after he still has a lot of swelling to the point he can not wear a shoe on foot and he has to limp. I am scared wondering if we have made things worse or is it still too soon and I have to give more time for the swelling to go down. I saw one website that said with the foot it can take a month. If anyone has any info or advice I would appreciate it.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 PM

b sveinson, there are over 100 members with AVMs or VMs of the leg or foot at AVMSurvivors.org If you join, you can connect with others who have had their foot AVMs embolized and see if they have advice for you. Best wishes to you and your son!