So impressed with this community - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 10-22-2012, 09:51 PM

Default So impressed with this community

Hi, my name is Allison, Iím 32 and Iím new here. I have a small PWS on my right forearm. It is flat and red, and causes no pain nor any other complications. My mother also has a PWS, but much larger, covering her entire left arm and progressing onto her chest, neck, and back. I have never given either of them much thought until recently, when she began to get bleps. She started researching PWS for the first time, and she found this site.

I am absolutely amazed by what I have read here so far. I had no idea the physical problems they could cause Ė pain, eye and dental issues, skin thickening, bleps, etc. I had no idea people suffered physically from PWS. I think I assumed they were all just like mine Ė basically just a discoloration and any pain was emotional. I was very very wrong.

I am completely humbled by the experiences of everyone else here, and how much strength you all have shown. This is a difficult condition to deal with, both physically and emotionally, and Iím so completely impressed with how much strength, grace, and kindness you have all shown each other on these boards and in your daily lives. From parents of birthmarked infants to adults who had no resources nor support for many years, you should ALL be proud of yourselves for facing this challenge with heads held high. It is a pain that most people will never understand, and at times we all feel isolated, alone, and different. But that doesnít mean you have to choose to live your life that way. You canít control your skin, but you can control who you choose to be.

To all the parents out there Ė it will be OK. It really will. There are a lot of happy, successful adults on this site who are proof of that.

How wonderful to have this amazing resource to reach out to others and gain support and knowledge. We will both be attending the NYC conference in November and I look forward to meeting some of you amazing people!

Allison
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Hi Allison!

Thank you for taking the time to write in. We appreciate it very much.

Enjoy the conference! They're a lot of fun and you get to meet so many amazing people. Get in touch if we can help you or your mother any time.

Missy
Old 12-23-2012, 03:18 AM

นิโคติน กดประสาทส่วนกลาง มีผลต่อต่อมหมวกไต ทำให้เกิดการหลั่งอิพิเนฟริน ทำให้ความดันโลหิตสูงขึ้น หัวใจ เต้นเร็วกว่าปกติ และไม่เป็นจังหวะ หลอดเลือดที่แขนและขาหดตัว เพิ่มไขมันในเส้นเลือด (ก้นกรองไม่ได้ทำให้ ปริมาณนิโคตินลดลงได้) บุหรี่ eGo-C ระบบใหม่ล่าสุด ที่ถูกออกแบบเพื่อการสูบอย่างมีอรรถรส เหมือนจริง ควันเยอะ และความทนทาน เหมาะสำหรับคนที่สูบบุหรี่จัด ด้วยกำลังของแบตเตอรี่ขนาดใหญ่ 650mAh ที่มากกว่า บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า รุ่นอื่นๆ eGo-C ยังสามารถถอดเปลี่ยน Atomizer head ได้เรื่อยๆ เหมือนเปลี่ยนบุหรี่ไฟฟ้าตัวใหม่ไปเลย ทำให้ประหยัดเงินกว่ารุ่นก่อนหน้านี้ไปได้หลายเท่าเล ยทีเดียว เรื่องที่ 2 ซึ่งสำคัญมาก คือเรื่องการนับจำนวนครั้งในการใช้งาน จะคิดเป็น % เช่น ใช้ไปแล้ว 50% เมื่อนำมาชาร์จจะยังไม่นับเป็น 1 และสมมุติว่าใช้ไปอีก 50% แล้วนำมาชาร์จ ตอนนี้ถึงจะนับเป็น 1 นั่นหมายความว่า สามารถชาร์จแบตได้ทุกเมื่อโดยไม่ต้องรอให้หมดเก ลี้ยง และจะนับเป็น 1 ครั้งเมื่อครบทุก 100% ego c ทาร์ หรือน้ำมันดิน สารก่อมะเร็ง เช่น มะเร็งปอด รายละเอียดเกี่ยวกับ PG ของต่างประเทศก็มีมากมายเช่น เราสั่งสินค้าเกรดA มาตราฐานเดียวกับต่างประเทศ อีกทั้งยังปรับโฉมรูปแบบสินค้า ให้เกิดความแตกต่างอย่างไม่มีที่สิ้นสุด เพื่อเป็นทางเลือกใหม่ในการตัดสินใจ ซื้อสินค้า