What to expect post laser - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 AM

Well it's been almost a month since Alana had her treatment. One thing I noticed was that the dr did not go over her eyebrow or got too close to it I guess to avoid singeing off the hair. So I kinda use that as a marker on how dark her PWS looked before and I can honestly say that I've seen a difference after treatment. Her PWS is looking lighter from what I can tell, although it took 15 days for bruising to fade 100 percent. Our doctor wants to do treatments every month so we will be going back on the 15th of feb.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 AM

So good to hear that you are seeing the fading. All the best for your next treatment. Do they use GA or sedate her?

I am still waiting to see some results. It is over three and a half weeks. I do not see any visible difference in her birthmark.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 AM

I did 10 treatments every 3-4 weeks then 4 more spaced out at two month intervals with my daughter. Took 14 treatments but its GONE...don't lose faith..I didn't notice much fading until treatment #7 then the fading happened faster. There is a study out by Dr.Robert Anolik on treatment intervals-below is the link.
http://dermatologytimes.modernmedici...ment-intervals
Old 04-14-2013, 09:01 PM

hello, my one year old doughter has pws trought the body.it recovers 70 % of body-on face,right arm,both legs..
when she born,everybody said that we need to wait with pdl therapy till her first birthday.
20 days ago we starts with pdl theraphy but expect of pdl marks we dont see any results.is that normal?
we are from europe
thank you!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:13 AM

Hello Sani,

We have had two treatments. Our daughter is now 1 year old and her third treatment is due in April end. We have not seen any significant lightning. There is some on few areas but most of her PWS is still as it was. Like you we are also waiting to see some good results. I have read some very good results from few members though. It depends on PWS as every PWS is different. 20 days is a short interval, you need to wait for 2 months to see the maximum results.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davinderhora View Post
Hello Sani,

We have had two treatments. Our daughter is now 1 year old and her third treatment is due in April end. We have not seen any significant lightning. There is some on few areas but most of her PWS is still as it was. Like you we are also waiting to see some good results. I have read some very good results from few members though. It depends on PWS as every PWS is different. 20 days is a short interval, you need to wait for 2 months to see the maximum results.
thank you for your answer...we are still waitting for some results.a doctor said to us that it looks great but that we need to wait minimum 1 month.
it is not a problem to wait but i hate that incertitude will it be ok after all treatmants and will it disappear ater all becase in this case pws is big..70% of babys body..we would have one treatment more before the summer...so my doubt is expose her to sun after treatment??to use some anti sun factors or not to be during the day at sun at all??thank you
Old 04-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Yes, you should absolutely use sunscreen every day.

When is the next treatment?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy View Post
Yes, you should absolutely use sunscreen every day.

When is the next treatment?
next treatment would be at 20.05 ...and during the summer will be pause.
the doctor sad to us that is no nessesery to use a suncreme but i mean that is no logic??
Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM

Hi Sani,

You would most definitely need to use sunscreen while going out in the sun. We try to avoid the exposure to sun as much possible but if we are going out in sun we make sure to use that. Direct exposure to sun may impact the effectiveness of the treatments as most doctors say.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 AM

Default Update

Hello. Saw your post and was just wondering how you are making out? Any improvement ? Please reply.