Looking for support for daughter's hemangioma in Denver - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Default Looking for support for daughter's hemangioma in Denver

I am a first time new mommy and my daughter has been diagnosed with a hemangioma on her head just to the side of her soft spot. It has grown quite a bit in the last two weeks and it brings me to tears every day. I know I should be thankful for all the good things and health she has but I have already gotten stares and questions from strangers and I want to do all I can to get her the best care. I am a teacher and I knw how cruel kids can be so if I can do anything now to save her emotional distress in the future I will do so (with her safety always mst important). I am taking her to a pediatric dermatologist next week but more or less need support for myself right now. I am so fearful of what this can turn into and just overall feeling overwhelmed and sad.

I also think it is of the "mixed" nature (deep and superficial) and wanting to know if this makes it worse, harder to treat, longer to involuted etc... Anyone that can offer any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

Krista