At my wits end with daughter's hemangioma - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Unhappy At my wits end with daughter's hemangioma

My daughter is now 12 years old and has lived with a large strawberry Hemangioma on her cheek since she was several months old. Doctors have said for years it would go away on its own and now say that it won't. It is considered cosmetic and our insurance won't pay and we definitely don't have the money. I have tried to find a doctor to help with no success. Even the Facial Plastics Dept. at our local University hospital won't schedule an appt. w/ us because we have State Insurance. I am concerned for the emotional state of my daughter as she doesn't want to start middle school in the fall unless it is removed. She has suffered long enough not to mention the immense guilt I carry for it being there in the first place and then listening to all our doctors who told us it would go away on its own between the ages of 10 to 12. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Frustrated Mom from Oregon