Nevus of Ota? - Page 11 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 12-02-2013, 02:09 PM

Hello Everyone,

I guess all of us has the same story.. Mine is since birth i have like dark green and gray on my left face and eyes. Well I always cried because until now i get frustrated when my suitors leave me specially after they saw my BM once i remove my make up. When i was in College days i never use any make up and people tease me all the time. Then when i go abroad and work as receptionist the HR told me to cover it because i am the face of the co when the clients enter our office, hence my life was cool bcoz nobody notice it and i get used I just remove when i go to bed at night.

But i get tired.. Way back 2007 i have consulted a laser surgeon and that time i came to know that my mark is what they called Nevus of Ota, she advise me that the mark will remove only after 10 sessions but cant afford to pay its quiet costly.

Now that i can afford i want to remove it.

I need an advice once again if its safe?

Looking forward with your support and reply.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

Where do you live? We can help you find someone that will help you, I think.

Write to Dr. Nelson via http://birthmark.org/experts.php and he will advise you concerning safety.

Missy
Old 12-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Hi Missy,

Thank you for your kind reply. Im residing in Dubai at United Arab Emirates working as Brokers Agent.

I have email some of the few famous cosmo surge clinics but they are not giving a complementary consultation. Hence i would like to find a doctor who is willing to tell me what will be the cost at the good price each every sessions and how long the procedure will take.

Thanks for the info

Regards

Angelica
Old 12-03-2013, 06:50 AM

@ mrm.mommy i hope the product you are using is available in Dubai?

I like your video i watch it.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:20 AM

Hello, i just have found this site and feeling glad about it.
im a 17 years old girl, currently living in indonesia.
i got a nevus of ota since i was born, a deep greenblue ones
the size is quite big and covered most of my right cheek
but past 2 years i got NDyag laser about 6 sessions
and now its barely seen, 90% removed (thank God)

now im just using medicine creams to lessen bright spot due to my tan skin color
i would be happy to share some experience with yall
Old 12-05-2013, 03:23 AM

Hi I'm new to this forum. I just delivered a baby girl. She is 3wks old. She has dark blue coloring on her upper and lower left eyelid. She also has some blue on her nose. Her left face is also slightly discolored. At first the pediatricians told us that she got bruised during the delivery but her delivery was smooth. Then they said it was a mongolian spot. We started dojng research on it after since we haven't heard of mongolian spots on the face. We saw a dermatologist and pediatrician and neither of them were sure of the diagnosis.
Thank you for sharing all your stories. I'm looking into treatments for her. Hearing all your experiences makes me want to shelter her as much as possible. Already we've been asked why she has a black eye.
Does anyone know of the youngest person treated with the laser?
@nabmerdika do you have before and after pictures that you can share?
Thank you so much!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 AM

Hi Clewdo, to answer your question about the age to start treatments, I was told that treatment should start at a young age. My daughter started treatment at about 8 months under general anesthesia for about 15 minutes. It was highly successful. Nevus of ota can spread shortly after birth (my daughter was born with a dark spot on her temple and it slowly spread over the next 4 months after birth). She currently has one small blue/gray patch on her front cheek (that she was not born with but that appeared at around age 1) that we are still having treated. The spot on her temple is completely gone due to the laser treatment.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:30 AM

Lilypad!
Thank you for the info. Where are you going for laser treatment and ehat type of laser are they using?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabmerdika View Post
Hello, i just have found this site and feeling glad about it.
im a 17 years old girl, currently living in indonesia.
i got a nevus of ota since i was born, a deep greenblue ones
the size is quite big and covered most of my right cheek
but past 2 years i got NDyag laser about 6 sessions
and now its barely seen, 90% removed (thank God)

now im just using medicine creams to lessen bright spot due to my tan skin color
i would be happy to share some experience with yall
Hello!

I'm still having my laser treatment here in the Philippines. Doctors here don't hit my upper and lower eye lid with the laser ndyag. I would just like to know if your's is being hit. Hope to hear from you. Thanks
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 AM

Default I'm just beginning treatment

So I was just told today by the plastic surgeon the actual name of my black eye. I'm 29 years old and I've had this my entire life. I remember my siblings always telling me I ran into a door knob as a small child lol. I definitely went through the same things you all went through with people always thinking I had a black eye. It is on my left eyelid and extends about an inch above my brow. Also, I'm Caucasian, so it's gotten darker and larger as I got older, so it's just been the one thing that keeps my self confidence down. I have been covering it since I was about 10 years old and have gone through many trial and errors. In the end, Cover Girl has made literally thousands of dollars off of me but I refuse to go without makeup ever. Only my family and a few boyfriends have ever seen me without makeup on and actually though I emailed the plastic surgery place pics of it, I still had to take off my makeup in the office. I was literally shaking. So anyways, she just wanted to do a few test spots today and see me back in a week. I have to tell you ladies, when she lasered the first spot and said it got lighter, I started crying. This session was free because they do free consultations and I have no idea how much it is going to cost me, but I'm in pharmacy school and I already live off a cereal and tomato soup diet, but I will sell everything I own to get this defect off of me. I remember always getting in trouble in elementary school because the teachers would find me reapplying makeup in the bathroom. Oh, and even more annoying was being told, hey when you get older, you can just put blue eye shadow on the other eye to match it. (Yeah sure, if I chose to be a hooker in life lol). I can't believe how many of us are out there. I was so relieved to get a name for it because I couldn't sleep and I stumbled across this forum. I am very good at covering my eye, so if anyone wants any tips just email me and I'll make a YouTube video or something. It does take me 30 minutes per day to apply and with how long I have been applying makeup on it, I do have to redo it if I go out later at night it something. But depending on the weather, I can usually get a good 10-12 hours worry free. Though I always know it's there, constantly covering the left side of my face with my bangs). My email is ,Flick1011@hotmail.com And I will definitely keep you all posted with my results. The plastic surgeon also said she was going to call the laser company to see what they recommend for the fastest and best results. Unfortunately, if this does not work my other option would be to have a skin graft, which scares the he'll out of me, but I'm desperate. Hopefully I find the right guy and get married one day. The only thing I think about is how my pics would turn out if I'm sweating and stuff. Unfortunately, in the summer time, I am miserable because I live in Florida and you sweat her a lot. So my makeup method is good other than if you're sweating our anything to do with water. I never go to the beach with friends and only go to theme parks when it's hot with my family. I am still in amazement that so many people have this! Any other white girls? Because it's extremely rare for us to get it I've read.