The Maury Show - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Additional Resources > General Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2004, 11:01 PM

Default The Maury Show

Hello,

I tried sending a post but accidentally sent myself an e-mail...

Anyway, I wanted to share that my daughter, Alexandra Smith was on The Maury Show today. She has venous malformations on the her face, neck, mouth and intracranial. She's had 32 surgeries to help correct this birth defect.

Alex was a guest for, "Children Born With Rare Disorders". Hank was on the show too. Unfortunately for Hank... the show was a disappointment because of the editing. They did a quite bit of editing on Alex's segment too and in fact edited anything we mentioned about God or any mention about her wonderful surgeon (Dr. Waner). The show for us was a very positive experience. As Alex's mom I have prayed for the day where Alex could stand out in the public in a positive way. She's been made fun for most of her life and today.....she was portrayed as the shining star that she is. Truly one of her best days and for her family.....unforgetable.

I pray that the show will touch many lives and will let other children born with vascular birthmarks know how wonderfully special they truly are.

Sincerely,
Seanette Smith