Venous Angioma - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 04-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Scout

Default Venous Angioma

My son, age 22, has KT.* A very mild case consisting of a slight left-sided hemihypertrophy with small flat hemangiomas that come and then just fade away.* However when he wanted to go into the Army, he went for ct scan of his body and an mri of his brain to disprove internal hemangiomas, avms, and lymphatic involvement. After a few mri's, he ended up having a cerebral angiogram. What we found out, was that he had a venous angioma in his left brain.* The doctor says it is no big deal, but when I look at the film the doggone blood vessel is as wide open as a dime.*

I'll never forget the first doctor who told me that I should be glad that my son had KT instead of hemihypertrophy, because KT is nothing. Well I know better than that now. Of course I also know that my son has been greatly blessed so far.* But the thing is, after hearing the one doctor, how do I trust this one now? IS a Venous Angioma no big deal?

Scout
Old 04-02-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Venous Angioma

Hi Scout,

First of all Welcome to the site.

I am 22 with PWS/SWS (Port Wine Stain and Sturge Weber Syndrome).
I also have avm in the brain that is linked to my eyes.

I personally have not deltwith Venous Angioma. Someone on her knows something on it I am sure.

Your son does not have SWS? The reason I ask is because I KT is a condition related to SWS, just like PWS, seizures, and glacuma.

As far as the doctors are conserned, you need to find a doctor that know what they are doing. What State do you live in? There are allot of doctors under the resource section on the front page. Plus, we have other doctors that are good and people on here can give you good reports on them. I would suggest looking for a Neurologist .

If your son or yourself ever want to talk privitly my email is in my profile. Or we can talk on the group if you want more feed back. There are allot of parents on this group, I think they will help give you confedence with the doctors.

If you have any other questions we are here for you.

Talk to you soon.

Hank
Old 04-02-2005, 06:26 PM

I will have more info for you in a short time. I am checking the info your wrote to my notes.

Corinne
Old 04-03-2005, 04:23 AM

I would encourage you to send the mri information to dr. Berensein in NYC. His contact info is on the physician's list on this website.

Corinne