Congratulations to VBF Scholarship Recipient: Justine Nagrowski!

Join us in congratulating 2019-20 VBF Scholarship Recipient, Justine Nagrowski. Justine was awarded the Dr. Ana M. Duarte Empowering Women Scholarship.

“Having a vascular birthmark has been a part of my whole life growing up and as I enter into a new phase of my life I am honored to have received an award of this magnitude. Thank you for making this award possible; I truly appreciate it.” – Justine Nagrowski

ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP

Dr. Ana M. Duarte Empowering Women Scholarship

Honoring Dr. Ana Duarte, MD, FAAP, FAAD, for her charitable medical services and tireless efforts to promote scholarship, academics, and empowerment in women. Read more about this VBF Scholarship.

Award Value: $1,000*
Academic Program: Undergraduate or Graduate

GPA Requirement: None

Open to female students in any academic area who, like Dr. Duarte, seek to empower women through academic success, leadership, and scholarship.

ABOUT THE VBF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

Through the VBF Scholarship Program, students who are living with a vascular birthmark, tumor, or related syndrome can receive financial assistance to pursue their educational goals. For the 2019-2020 academic year, six scholarships of $1,000 each were awarded. This year, we received a record number of applications and were unable to provide an award for each qualified applicant. Our 2020-21 Scholarship application process will open in January 2020 and we encourage anyone interested to apply for an award next year.

FIND OUT MORE:

icon-angle icon-bars icon-times