Cafe au lait birthmark - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Additional Resources > General Resources

Old 12-13-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Cafe au lait birthmark

Dr. Roy Geronemous
317 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016-4974
212 686 7306

http://www.laserskinsurgery.com/whatsnew/whatsnew.html
treats cafe au lait spots.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:32 AM
amwhjah

Default Re: Cafe au lait birthmark

My son has 4 h's and 2 cafe au lait / Mongolian spots.

Joel's Mongolian spots are on his behind, so they are not visible to most people. Dr. Kincannon at ACH is not concerned with them since they have not changed since birth. However, you might want your ped to document VERY well in your child's chart that she has the spots. Joel's look like bruises and our pediatrican was very careful to document them well. Incase we were to ever go to the ER or another doctor, they are often confused with bruises and parents suspected of child abuse/neglect. We had the pediatrician put detailed info about them the size, location and shade in the chart. We also have a few pictures of them as a baseline to notice if there are ever changes in them.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM

Default cafe au lait on forehead

hi Mummaroa

not sure if you still visit this site as it has been year but i was doing research on cafe au lait birthmarks and came across your experience my son is now 3 mths old and has a cafe au lait birthmark on his forehead i am very concerned about it and would like to know how you dealt with your daughter's and what your experience has been
Old 01-12-2010, 03:03 PM

Default cafe au lait on forehead
hi Mummaroa

not sure if you still visit this site as it has been year but i was doing research on cafe au lait birthmarks and came across your experience my son is now 3 mths old and has a cafe au lait birthmark on his forehead i am very concerned about it and would like to know how you dealt with your daughter's and what your experience has been
Old 09-26-2010, 01:32 AM

Default My Daughter has a Cafe au lait birth mark on her face!

Would love to hear if anyone has had success in removing a Cafe au lait birthmark. My daughter Lila is 13 months old and has a Cafe au lait birthmark on her chin. It takes up most of her chin. It was not present at birth & has slowly gotten darker as she has grown older. There are also what appears to be freckles beginning to form inside the mark itself. I am starting to get worried & wonder if anyone has had success with such laser treatments. Just don't know what to do.
Our health nurse said that it would get worse before it got better, which it has & that noone would touch it until she was at least 2 years old.
I am sick of people asking 'what she did to her chin?' or 'have you been eating chocolate?' Please can someone point me in some kind of direction. From reading on this site it sounds like I should book her in to see a Dermatologist. Does anyone have any recommendations in Victoria, Australia?

Kind Regards,
Briony
Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Everyone that we know of in Australia treats vascular birthmarks and there is no one to recommend in Victoria. However, yes, you should book her in to see the dermatologist.

Take good care!!

Missy
Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 PM

Have you checked out vbf- australia? http://vbfaustralia.org/

we have a few doctors listed.

Good luck
Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 PM

Hi

My Daughter is 5year old..she has light coffee color birth on forehead..our pediatriican mentioned it is Cafe au lait birth mark..
is it possible remove these birtth mark.

1. what is the best laser Treatment for Cafe au lait Birthmark ?
2. what is the Correct age we can start treatment ?
3. can it marks stop self after some time or not.

can somebody share their experience/Knowledge treating Cafe au lait birth marks...

Thanks
Rao
Old 12-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Default I have a Cafe au lait birthmark

Hi I'm 19 i have had a large cafe au lait birthmark my whole life my mom says it was smaller when i was born than it is now it grew larger and got freckels on it but was done growing when i reached about 5 years i have not had any bad experiances with my birthmark some people ask "whats wrong" with it but it doesnt bother me. Most people think its cool i'm sure i was teased about it some growing up but i dont really remember plus kids are going to tease you regardless if you have a birthmark or not. I love my birthmark and i wouldnt get it removed it makes me feel special to have one. Several of my friends never even noticed my birthmark for years even though it is visable and large. The mark itself is a light cream color but the freckels on it are much darker so people just think i have freckles and dont notice the birthmark at first. I think you should let your child decide if they want their birthmark removed when they are old enough to make a good decision i would have been very upset if mine was removed i would not want a scar instead of my awesome birthmark it's their body and their life. Make sure your child is confident in their own skin and they wont have any problems with "being teased" i remember being teased about my nose not my birthmark so it really is no big deal.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:31 PM

Im almost 21 years old and I have a cafe au lait birthmark on my forehead. It is located above my right eye brown. I don't usually cut my hair too short because I don't want the sun to make it darker . I had it since I was 3 .. I've learned to live with it . My uncle, who passed away, had one on his arm . His got darker throughout the years and my family had told me that his birthmark started changing ( as in getting darker and turning blue-ish) after he decided to start a treatment to it. I had gone to dermatologists and they don't guarantee if It would go away forever . I wouldn't wanna see a scar on my face. Id rather have the birthmark. It looks light brown and it hasn't changed color throughout the years instead it looked like it got smaller as I got older . It doesn't interfere with my social life . Birthmarks are very common . People usually know someone who has a birthmark so I usually tell people I have a simple birthmark that runs in my family .