Pictures of PWS - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 12-09-2004, 04:36 AM

Default Pictures of PWS

Hi everybody,

Here is a picture of myself with the famous Dr. Waner at his office. I had this taken during my clinic appointment.

If anybody has any pictures of themselves or their child with PWS, please share. I like to see the different kinds of PWS, no one person as the exact same mark. One might be close to another, but they all of there own ways of being different.

Thanks everybody,

Hank
Old 12-09-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Pictures of PWS

Hank, that picture brings a smile to my face. You waited a long time for the likes of Dr. Waner to enter your life.

Wishing you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corinne
Old 12-11-2004, 09:09 PM
nonniejo

hi Hank
i too have pws on left lower lip
i am 55 years of age and have had it all my life
so i can understand where you are coming from
i was teased all of my growing years untill i finished school because my mother did not believe in girls wearing lipstick
but i found a shade to cover my pws and been happier with it and most people do not know i have one except all the kids i went to school with and now they don't see it
good luck
Old 12-11-2004, 09:34 PM

Hi Nonniejo,

Thanks for the kind words. I read your other post and wanted to let you know there are people your age on this website. One of my good friends that lives here in Colorado Springs has a PWS and is on this foundation. She is in her sixties and still gets laser treatment on her face. You should get into touch with Marion, I am sure you two could exchange some good stories.

Hank
Old 01-08-2005, 05:33 AM

Is there anybody else out there with PWS that has a picture they would like to share.

I think it would be fasanting to see the different sizes and locations of the PWS. Since every person has there own version of PWS, nobody is the exact same PWS even if it looks similar.

I will be looking forward to the pictures,

Hank
Old 01-08-2005, 07:26 AM
nimmie

HI there!
I'd love to post my pic but i've no idea how to! talk abt sharing woes! hahaha....
I'm new at this forum but yes, yes, yes it's time i talked to someone like me! All my life in my society i've seen ppl like me, but whenever we catch each other's eyes, it's always an awkward look-away.
anyhow...i'll be adding lots more comments i suppose. see ya ard
Old 01-08-2005, 07:43 AM

To post a picture click on additional options, and if you have pictures on a disk or in your computer you just browes the attachment file and download the picture.

I am glad you are here and hope to here your story.

Hank
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 AM
nimmie

hiya...shhhh...i'm using my office pc and this is one of the few pics i have of me!

i'm from singapore, and it's really not easy to find a support group here. have had a couple of trials on my face to get rid of them PWS, tried copper, pulse dye, and intense pulsed light treatments...of which only pulse dye seems to have helped a little. i'm 28 this year...and the only thing which i'm really hoping for now is that these marks do not thicken or darken too much (i'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this) Am really terrified of that!!! i get enough stares as it is.

keep well hank! as do the rest of us here. We are all special, whether we like it or not :-)

Old 01-08-2005, 07:33 PM

Nimmie,

I do not know if it was just the lighting in your picture, or if you where wearing makeup, but I could not see your PWS at all.

So where is singapore?

I have been doing laser treatment for 14 years off and on. All of which have been with Pulse Dye Laser, except once. I have used different kind os PDL over the years, as the technology was available.

I am 22 years old, and my PWS is starting to get thinker and more puffed up.

I am know exactly what you mean with the people staring and pointing. It gets old after a while. I get it on a daily basis at work, but life must go on. Do not let it get to you, it will just lower your self estem.

Talk to you later.

Hank
Old 01-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Jin9084

Nimmie,
Hi I just want to let you know that you are a very pretty. My son has PWS also. He has been getting treated with a pulse dye laser (Candale VBeam). He has had wonderful results so far. I wish you luck in future treatments.
Jinny