Surgery with Dr. Waner and TLC filming the surgery - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 02-14-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Surgery with Dr. Waner and TLC filming the surgery

Everytime we get a mention on Discovery or TLC or Discovery Health, we have traffic spikes on the site. If I miss a show, I can go back and look at the site's statistics and find out when it was!

Good luck, Hank!!

Missy
Old 02-14-2005, 03:29 PM

Just wanted to let everybody know that I will not have internet or email while in NYC. I leave today and will be back on Sunday night.

Hank
Old 02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
kevin

I have surgery tomorrow, we can compare notes.

Best of luck to you Hank!

- Kevin
Old 02-14-2005, 10:58 PM

Kevin,

Let us know soonest how things are going!!!

Missy
Old 02-17-2005, 03:06 PM
kevin

Hi Missy,

The laser surgery on Tuesday went as well as can be expected. I'm still a little sore today, but nothing I can't deal with.

Here's a brief recap:

Emula was applied at 10:30. The actual surgery on my back started a little after noon. The entire procedure took less than a half an hour. Total laser pulses approx. 700 (which is average for me) I think Dr. Wirth told me* the laser beam was set on level 5. All things considered the area reacted pretty well and I've dealt with worst pain before so I was relieved. After my initial visits I had an antibacterial soothing cream applied after treatments but I think it only causes a mess thus I've declined the cream my last few appointments. To tell you the truth, the cream doesn't make any difference for me. However, I'd recommend that other patients use it (error on the side of caution.) I did take 1000 mg of Tylenol at night to make sleeping a little more "comfortable" although comfort was still very hard to find. If I didn't have to work this would be a breeze, but showering is cumbersome (ouch!)

If anyone has any questions, let me know, I'll be happy to answer. Although everyone is in good hands w/ Hank and Missy here.

Have a great day!

Kevin
Old 02-18-2005, 11:12 PM

Kevin,

Sounds like things went about as expected for you. Glad to know. I'm hoping Hank fared as well as you seem to have.

Get some sleep!

Missy
Old 02-19-2005, 12:24 AM
jojo

Good luck...Hank*
I saw Dr Waner today on Discovery heath channel "Baby Kristen" story. The man is a miracle worker! More doctors should know how to deal with these hermangioma's. Very sad that so many young children and their parents had to suffer for so many years with incompetent doc's....
Thank God for this website and Dr. Waner! ???
Old 02-21-2005, 05:38 AM

Thank you everybody for the support,

I just got back into town tonight. I am very swollen, and tired. I will talk more about the surgery later.

Hank
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 AM

Here is a before and after pictures.

hank
Old 02-22-2005, 07:01 PM

Ok, here is goes.

The surgery went well. I was in the OR for about 21/2 to 3 hours. I only lost 4 tablespoons of blood during surgery. (still do not know how that happened with my artery problem), I got my drainage tubes removed on Suday afternoon, and I should be able to get my stitches removed on Friday. TLC went good, and think they got allot of good photage.

You all can see what they did in the pictures. If anybody has questions about my surgery be my guest, and ask away.

Hank