Need help in Las Vegas for PWS - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 07-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Melainas Mommy

Default Need help in Las Vegas for PWS

Can anyone recommed a good doctor in Las Vegas who does pulse dye laser treatments for PWS? If there isn't one in LV area, then where is the closest place to go for treatment? Seeking treatment for my 9mth old and don't know where to turn...
Old 07-04-2005, 07:12 AM
beckyb

Default Re: Need help in Las Vegas for PWS

My daughter has a hemangioma and receives pulsed dye laser. I also live in Las Vegas and could not find anyone to treat her here. We see Dr Stuart Nelson over in Irvine Ca. It is a 4-5 hour drive. He actually specializes in pws so he would be the perfect guy for you. He is featured on this website now too. Email him and if you can attach a picture. He is very knowledgable.
There is a Dr Handler here in town that gets a pdl machine once a month but we chose to have someone who specialized in vascular birthmarks and laser to treat our daughter. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 07-04-2005, 07:15 AM
beckyb

I should add...
the pdl Dr. Handler gets once a month is a sclerolaser which is an older version of pulsed dye laser. The v beam is the newer pdl.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:52 PM
PresidentVBF

I agree that you should go see Dr. Nelson. An expert can take care of a vascular birthmark in less time and treatments than a non-expert and you will get accurate information and the truth. Dr. Nelson is a national expert.

Linda Shannon
President/Founder
VBF