I am tired of being depressed over my birthmark. I don’t want to look in the mirror and whine about how I wish I could have surgery. I can’t have surgery because it far too costly and the money are better spend on my tertiary education. I want to see birthmark as a trophy. As something I should be thankful and proud to have. So I decided to put on my optimistic cap and think of the many reasons why I should be happy for my birthmark. Do help me along if u happened to think of a reason.
I am thankful for my birthmark because…
- without it I wouldn’t be the strong willed person I am today. All the stare and name I get only made me a stronger person. I can fairly say.. I am immune to insult!
- I use to be a very talkative girl back in school. And yet I never get scolded by the teacher while my other friends usually do (no I did not sabotage them hahaha) so I am thankful to my birthmark for saving me from all those many detention hours I could have got
- I am thankful because despite living in a very superficial world, I am always surrounded by those few special people who see me for who I am inside and not judge me from the outside. They are the gems that make me rich!
- I am thankful because somehow… I never get pimple on my birthmark (right cheek). During puberty, my pimples pop out anywhere and almost everywhere except for my right cheek!
- It always make me look more sick than I am and my doctor end up giving me more medical leave than I need.. (my friends envy me for this hahaha)
- It is a golden ticket to popularity.. 10 or 50 years reunion.. People will still remember me because I am unique.. be it by my appearance (90% of the time) or by my action. I would rather have people remember me as the girl with the birthmark than not remember me at all. Plus the birthmark act as a cue for my old friends to recall my actions..
- Mine didn’t hurt or cause me any physical pain..
- If one day someone set a trend to wear blue blusher, I am already half way done.
- I save a lot of money being phantom of the opera during Halloween.
- Since I don’t get a lot of people telling me I am pretty, when I get it, it meant and taste sweeter than it would be if I were to get it many timeJ
- according to my friend from India, birthmark is a lucky sign! Now I know how I got my double promotion to sergent and the preview ticket I won from lucky draws!
- they lead me to this wonderful discussion board and enable me to interact with the wonderful people.
visit my blog!