Recently diagnosed with Lymphatic Malformation - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Additional Resources > General Resources

Old 08-13-2006, 03:00 AM
dboyz

Default Recently diagnosed with Lymphatic Malformation

My son, who is 5 years old, has finally been diagnosed with a lymphatic malformation in his right temple and cheek. We first noticed a lump on his right temple right before his third birthday. We immediately had a biopsy which was inconclusive, but did let us know it was benign. We have had several MRI's and CAT scans. We just switched doctors and are going to Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters in Norfolk, VA where he was recently diagnosed. My son's LM seems to be small compared to all the information I have read. His cheek has only started to swell within the last year. It looks like he has a large jaw breaker or something in his cheek. It does not bother him at all. We are still investigating what type of LM it it. Since this is all new we have several questions. Should we get a needle biopsy to determine the type? If we let it go will it continue to grow and potential get very large? And lastly is there a possibility that another LM could appear somewhere else on his body? We would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 AM

Hello,

I would recommend sending an email to Dr. Edmonds with those questions. You can send him an email directly thru the vbf website on the home page.

Ask the Lymphatic Malformation Expert
VBF is proud to announce the addition of an expert who treats Lymphatic Malformations. Ask Dr. Edmonds your questions related to this vascular lesion.

Keep us posted.

Corinne
Old 08-13-2006, 01:06 PM
dboyz

Default Thanks

Thanks Corinne, I will do that.