Issues with gums - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 06-18-2007, 01:24 PM

Just wanted to post a little update for those searching on this thread. ...

My daughter is now teething full speed ahead! It is very painful for her, but I don't know if it would be less painful if she did not have the overgrowth of her gums. One thing is for sure, on the side of her gums that is overgrown (which is the side she has her facial PWS) the teeth just pop out like nothing. A tooth on the opposite side is still making it's way out and she is working on her second tooth breaking through on the overgrown side in about the same amount of time. She seems to be constantly working on a new tooth...I feel so bad for her!

Becky
Old 06-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Oh no!!

Is there anything you can give her to help with the pain? Have you tried those over-the-counter, rub-on-your-gums things?

Poor baby!!

Missy
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM

We've tried it all. Baby Orajel is a must these days! We just do all we can to help her and wait for it to pass...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 PM

We had our daughter at a pediatric dentist recently. We were concerned because her teeth on the overgrown side were coming out one after the other and the opposite side teeth were slower to come through and seemed to stop half way out. Now they have all seem to come out all of the way they are just REALLY slow. The dentist noticed that she has a little redness at the top of her gum where it meets the skin tissue underneath her nose, but did not think it is a port wine stain. We were assured that some teeth just take their good old time coming in and that not all babies get their teeth by the book. They would be concerned only if it seemed the teeth were not coming in at all.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Update on Carson

His teeth (at least the front ones) on his PWS side are SLIGHTLY longer it looks like, but not too bad. He did get an eruption cyst with his last tooth on that side, I don't know if this is related to PWS or not, but my pediatrician seemed to indicate it could happen to any baby. Before the last tooth came through he had a HUGE purplish swollen spot, I thought it was either PWS related or an infection or something, but once the tooth popped through it went away, apparently the tooth bursts the cyst. This can be alarming, as the baby will have some blood in their mouth, fortunately for me, it happened to Carson while he was sleeping. Just an FYI if anyone else experiences this so you don't get freaked out like I did!!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:40 PM

My 7 month old son AJ is getting his first tooth. It is a top one and on the same side as his facial PWS. It did the exact same thing as your son Carson. I was so worried. The clot or blood came out yesterday, but the tooth still is trying to poke through and I'm waiting to see what happens next. I'm so glad I found this website. Not knowing what to expect is scary.