PWS on legs - anyone from Australia out there - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM

Default PWS on legs - anyone from Australia out there

My name is Ann, I'm 38 and have 4 kids ( none of which have any birth marks), I have pws on the backs of my legs from top of bottom to my toes. I have been having laser treatment for 11 years now at The Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne, yesterday I had 1698 pulses. I was only going to get from the knees down to my toes done as it is a long and slow process but have discovered small red dots appearing in my birthmark where I haven;t had lasered, the doctor said that this happens with age and that she will try and laser them to see what will happen. Anyway my right leg has taken well to the laser and is nearly gone but the left leg is working slowly. I also found I had bad varicose veins in my left leg which was covered with pws more than right, I had them removed about 2 years ago with no problems. Anyway just wanted to say my bit.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Well, welcome! There's lots of people from Aussie around here, so you should have some company.

Let us know how the latest laser treatment turns out. How long does it take you to see results after treatment of such a large area?

Missy
Old 03-31-2007, 05:57 AM

it was going to take me a long time to get lasered too.
since i have much more leg now then i used to when i was a kid.
i've only had one treatment on my right foot and it didnt do a verry good job.
i have alot of veins on my leg too. like blue veins. i hate them!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 AM

I'm an Aussie but my family migrated to Trinidad while i was 10. I still consider myself Australian and it feels good to be here watching the aussies kick butt with the cricket world cup currently held in the Caribbean !
Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 AM

Hi Ann,

I have emailed you personally in order to put another person in touch with you! How are things going?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Hi Ann,
I have a 4 month old son (Lucas) with a facial PWS and we live in Brisbane. Lucas is yet to have any laser treatments but we are booked in for April next year at The Childrens Hosptial at Westmead.

I have recently made contact with the Australian VBF Representative, a lady called Eloisa Evangelista who also lives in Melbourne. I'll send her a quick email and let her know you have posted so she can contact you.

Hope you see some more fading with the latest laser.
cheers
Melissa
Old 11-22-2007, 03:22 AM

Well my treatment is going great, last treatment hurt a little more as we have turned up the strength of the pulses, and i had more pulses, but i feel I'm starting to see results, i dont go back until Feburary 08, by the way i have my laser treatment between (1300 and 2000) pulses at a time with out any onitments to stop the pain, it hurts a bit, but knowing that its working gets me through it, and i think the legs are a bit tougher and the skin thicker than on other parts of the body so its bearable.