Looking for Aussie families. - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 AM

Thumbs up Looking for Aussie families.

Hi all,

Rachael from Newcastle Australia!

I am currently looking for as many Australian families touched by hemangiomas or any vascular anomalies as we are working on support groups locally with aims of meeting up and sharing stories. Not to mention swapping tips or resources.

Please email on minham@bigpond.com

thanks in advance,

rachael Shields
Son: Hamish has tufted angioma
Old 09-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Talking Queensland mum

Hi I am from the Gold Coast and would also like to be able to set somethng up like Rachel has offered. i guess you could call it a mother's group for babies with Birthmarks??! Although its a bit daunting trying to get strangers together, as we all know what the internet can be like these days it really would be a nice support group to have.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:53 AM

Hello.

I am in Sydney/Hawkesbury region. I have just been told my one week old daughter has 11 haemangiomas on her face including 2 on her eyelid. At the moment they are just tiny red dots on her face and its hard to believe they are the same thing I am seeing on this website. would love to chat to other parents about their experiences.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:47 AM

Hi Kellnkids

My daughter had a H on her nasal bridge and we had it removed in Nov last year in the US.

I think your best option would be to contact Rachel who initiated this post. She has organised a group who caught up a while ago. I am on the Sunshine Coast. But if you would like to PM me I will be happy to chat that way.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 AM

Hi! I've got an 11 week old daughter with a PWS between her nose & lip and am having trouble finding information on the net about them so I've gone on the search for other families in Australia who have gone through this issue before. If anyone has been through a similar situation and wants to get in touch my email is ssmiles@hotmail.com
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM

looking at the dates these posts were I think I may be a little late... still reassuring to know there are others like me in australia. hope everyone has found the support they were looking for.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaffe View Post
looking at the dates these posts were I think I may be a little late... still reassuring to know there are others like me in australia. hope everyone has found the support they were looking for.

Hi and welcome!

And, never too late around here!

Missy