You're right. That's a good way to look at it. I'm sure it is a hassle for them to reschedule, so if they do we can know for sure that it was definitely best. I'm wondering if I should call them on Monday and let them know about her cold?? Her twin sisters are sick with brochiolitis and ear infections. But I think Faith doesn't have it very bad..just a cold hopefully.
So, I called the hospital on Monday to tell them about our daughter's cold and they said to still bring her for her surgery today and that the anesthesiologist would assess her and make the decision. They said as long as she didn't have a fever and a raging cold it would probably be ok. So my mom came up to watch our 1 year old twins and our 6 year old daughter and we made the trek to the hospital, got registered, got her dressed in her hospital Pjs and then about 15 minutes before the surgery the doctor came to assess her. At that point the decision was made to call it off. I totally know that it was in the best interest of my daughter. It was just simply not worth the risks that the doctor was explaining to us.....but what a bummer!!! All the stress and anxiety leading up to this point and then we just had to get her dressed back up and go home. She is 4 years old and didn't eat anything from 7:30pm last night until 1:30pm today. It was rough and now we'll have to try to do it all over again in a few weeks. I feel like I should keep her quarantined because with 4 little girls in our house sickness is pretty much a constant right now. I so feel blessed to have great doctors who look out for what is best for our child. But in that moment....ughhh it was rough.
So I guess I now know the answer to my original question! Hopefully next time will go better.
An international charitable organization that networks families affected by a vascular birthmark, tumor, or syndrome to the appropriate
medical professionals for evaluation and/or treatment, provides informational resources as well as sponsors physician education, mobilizes medical missions trips, and
supports research and programs that promote acceptance for individuals with birthmarks.
Information accessed through the VBF is presented in summary form
in order to impart general information relating to the diagnosis
and treatment of vascular birthmarks. Such information is not complete
and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation or visit
with your physician or other health care provider. Information accessed
through VBF website is not exhaustive and does not cover every aspect
of vascular birthmarks. VBF makes no warranty as to the information's
completeness, reliability or accuracy. Should you have any health
care related questions regarding this matter, please see your physician
or other health care provider promptly.
Information accessed through the VBF website is provided "AS
IS" and without warranty, express or implied. All implied warranties
of merchantability and fitness for a particular use or purpose are
hereby excluded. VBF shall not be liable under any theory or indemnity.
In no event shall VBF be liable for any damages, direct or indirect,
and all other damages, direct or indirect, special, incidental,
consequential or punitive, are hereby excluded even if VBF has been
advised of the possibility of such damages.