H on hairlin - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-16-2008, 06:46 PM

Default H on hairlin

Hi, Iam very new to this site, My 15 week old daughter Sara has H on her hairline, At first it appeared as a small scratch and then has gotten bigger. It is now the size of a pea and became slightly raised. Over the past two weeks, we have noticed that it is not as raised as before and there seems to be a lighter shade coming through from the middle, would anyone know or have an opinion on whether this could be possible the start of involution. i can't seem to attach photo as my file is too big( if anyone can advise on how to reduce size, I will certainly attach photo of Sara. thanks in advance. Beano
Old 05-17-2008, 05:44 AM

My daughter's h started involuting at four months and it started with a white center. For my daughter's h is would look like small white flecks and it would get lighter and lighter. It is on her nose and we started laser surgery when she was six months old to speed up the involution process. Here is a pic so you have an idea what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h at seven months.jpg (88.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 05-17-2008, 06:21 AM

My daughter's H in her hairline also began involuting when she was 4 months old.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:52 AM

is your daughter H gone now. and how old is she. Thank you for replying
Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 PM

abirk,
thank you for replying. We have noticed the same small white flecks in the centre of H, and these now seem to be all joining up. Is that picture of how it is now, or when you started Laser treatment? We are in Ireland and really don't know how advanced treatment is here.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:34 AM

Hi Beano,
She is two years old now, and while the H isn't gone, it is mostly white with a red halo around it. Also, when it started the involution process, hair started growing in and around the area, and now her hair covers it so you would never know she has it. She had a compound H...the red part was only about the size of a pea, but the deep portion was about the size of a nickel (the deep portion can't be seen anymore; it is totally flat now). We were very fortunate that it started to go away so soon.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Hi Lilahsmom.. Sara had compound h as well and this now has become almost flat and we have noticed the hair is starting to grow over as well. I think we are very fortunate as well, thank you for the info. It is nice to be reassured. beano
Old 05-19-2008, 05:41 AM

That picture is a week after her 1st laser. She is only 8 months now and the doctor thinks it will take 3-6 laser treatments to remove the red. The doctor also thinks it will be flat by the time she is two. Your daughter's h is involuting at such a young age it might get done involuting a lot sooner.