hemangioma and amniocentesis - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Question hemangioma and amniocentesis

I've a baby of 12 months with a face segmental hemangioma actually treated with laser, when pregnant I was practiced the amniocentesis because of my age 38. Also have another child of 5 and she is perfect (without practicing amnio). But there is one question in my mind and hope to clear it up with your help: Did anyone without having had amniocentesis practiced had a baby with hemangioma? May it be related?

Laura's mother
Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 PM

I have three daughters. I did not have amnios with the two that have hemangiomas. The one where I did have an amnio, does not have a hemangioma.
I have heard that there is some thought that the CVS procedure may have a higher incidence of babies with hemangiomas (don't remember where I read that though).
Old 06-04-2008, 06:16 AM

I had no Amnio, and had a daughter with a Hemangioma.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 PM

I didnit have an amnio but did have 2 surgeries for kidney stones while pregnant. Radiation was used and I think that could be a factor in Danni's "h".
Cherie
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM

I have a girl and a boy. While pregnant with my daughter, I had a detached placenta and had an amnio. She didn't have any hemangiomas. My pregnancy with my son was easy breezy without any problems and he has 7 hemangiomas.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:01 PM

I am 39 and have a 4 year old daughter, no H and I had a amnio w/ her. I also have a 3 month old boy w/ a deep H on his face and we had no amnio w/ him. In my humble opinion, amnios get a bad rap, they are the best way to find out any info in utero. The statistics for amnio that are now quoted are from the 80's when video games where Pong and the Dr's would not be able to see the cord well and puncture the cord which gave it the bad rap, w/ advanced imaging of today this is almost impossible. Any questions read Advice from a Pregnant OBGYN.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 PM

I had a CVS done and daughter has eyelid H. I was not told about chance of hemangioma before CVS, although I probably still would've had the test done due to some other medical issues. Daughter's dermatologist said many people are starting to think there is a corrolation between hemangiomas and amnio/CVS testing.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 AM

funny i was just searching the web today to find out what the possible connection is between placental problems and hemangiomas. i have a 3 year old daughter without H that was born via emergency c-section because of placental abruption. my 4 month old daughter has H on eyebrow and was a successful VBAC. neither pregnancy was difficult or with any complications. did not have amnio for either.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 AM

I had an amnio for my middle child and the baby and the baby has one middle does not.