Someone please help! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 08-02-2008, 03:14 AM

Default Someone please help!

My 22 month old daughter has had a "growth" in her thigh since birth. It has over the past several months been hurting her and it swells when she is active. The pain also increases with activity. We went to Arkansas Children's last week and they didn't want to do anything until she can no longer handle the pain. We had an MRI done this week. Below is part of the radiologist's report. Can someone please tell me what they think? The fact that it extends from the femoral artery is making me a nervous wreck. All of the horrible risks you read about are suddenly applying to my child.

Pertinent Findings: An artery extends from the left femoral artery in the groin into a subcutaneous mass about the upper medial aspect of the left side. This is quite irregular and increased in signal on T-tube, and decreased on T1, as well as demonstrating enhancement on contrast studies consistent with a hemangioma. Measurements are approximately 2.3 x 2.2 cm, and only slightly larger that the previous study. This is only involving the subcutaneous fat with no muscular involvement demonstrated. Remainder of the soft tissues and muscle groups appear normal.

Thanks for your help!
Cherie