surgery in danger of being cancelled again! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2010, 12:41 AM
smurph smurph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 400
Default surgery in danger of being cancelled again!

My 5 year old daughter was supposed to have surgery on her lip hemangioma on Feb. 4th but it got cancelled 10 minutes before because she had a cold and when they evaluated her they determined it wasn't safe to proceed. It was definitely the right decision, yet such a let down especially after my daughter had fasted for so long (from 7pm-1pm the next day!)

So now they rescheduled it for this WEd. March 31st. I have been practically bathing the kid in Purell for the past week!!! just trying to keep her well rested, healthy, away from sick kids, etc. And sure enough....yesterday....
ANOTHER COLD!!!!!! I am beside myself!!!! If she is still sick on Monday or Tuesday I'm going to call and say that we aren't coming because I cannot see going through all that all over again...but I just want it to be over!!!! This is her first (and last) surgery hopefully. We have known that she was probably going to have it for years so this anticipation is killing me!!!! I'm wondering if maybe it's a sign that we shouldn't doing it at all.

Sorry for the rant because I know we have a lot to be thankful for. It is really a relatively minor surgery but .... I am just freaking out!!!!!

Thanks for listening! Anyone else been there?

shannon
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2010, 02:15 PM
missy missy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,724
Default

I have not been there, except in the fact that I have a terrible cold right now, so I feel for your daughter!

Let us know what happens!

Missy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-30-2010, 12:28 PM
smurph smurph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 400
Default cancelled

I'm so bummed. Faith's surgery is cancelled again. This is just too stressful. NOw we wait for the next rescheduled date which is sure to be at least 8 weeks out. This really stinks.

shannon
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2010, 01:39 PM
missy missy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,724
Default

OH NO!!

I mean, I know it has to wait and that is better and safer for Faith, but DANG.

I'm sorry!!

Missy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
nickbar nickbar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,078
Default

Oh Shannon! That is so frustrating!
It will happen... when it should
__________________
Corinne Barinaga
VBF Director of Family Services
vbfadvocate @ live. com (no spaces)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump