Surgery scheduled...YAY! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 PM

Default Surgery scheduled...YAY!

The H on my daughter's scalp began ulcerating about a week ago. We saw the pediatric surgeon on Monday, and to my surprise, he suggested removal. He is rather conservative and told us at our previous visit that wouldn't consider removal until she was 3 years old. Well, obviously, he feels differently if it's ulcerating. We were considering traveling out of state to get it treated, but now we don't even have to leave town!

I'm so relieved that my daughter will not have to endure anymore pain due to the ulceration. Her sugery is set for Jan. 2. She'll be 6.5 months old. To say that I'm a little worried about the surgery is an understatement, but our doctor has assured us that our daughter will be just fine. Thank you all so much for your help!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Administrator

She will be fine, I'm sure!

We'll be thinking about you on that day. Chin up!

Missy
Old 11-26-2008, 02:03 AM

I'll be thinking of you. If you don't mind letting us know the name of the surgeon...(if he/she is not listed on our site)..we'd love to have the information. Please email me directly.

Corinne
Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 AM

Sure, the surgeon is Dr. John Burns in Dallas. He works out of the same office as Dr. Jay Burns who is listed on this site.

Thanks for the good wishes!