Hello, I'm Mindie, from Melbourne, Australia - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Smile Hello, I'm Mindie, from Melbourne, Australia

Hello everyone,
My name's Mindie. I'm 22 years old, I have hemangioma on the right hand side of my face, from my nose to my lips. I've had a few operations so far.
I'm a very happy and positive person, the birthmark doesn't bother me much. I have to say, though, it took me a while for me to accept myself as who I am.
I have never met anyone with a birthmark. I saw one person with a birthmark on the train, and one at my local shopping centre but I've never spoken to one.
So if you live in Melbourne, Australia, I'd love to meet you. Just drop me an email.

Hope to talk to you soon,
Mindie

Last edited by Mindie07 : 04-27-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 AM

Hi Mindie,

Just wanted to say hi. It is a very interesting experence meeting other people with birthmarks. There is a Australia group on this site. I am sure there are a couple of people you could meet up with there.

I am so glad you a positive about your birthmark. It makes life work better for you doesn't it?

Talk to you later.

Hank
Old 05-23-2008, 03:50 AM

Hi, Mindie
I'm Ann from Australia, I dont live in Melbourne but only live about 3 hours from there, I have my laser treatment in Melbourne every 3 months. My birthmarks are on my legs and I've been having treatment for about 12 years. If you have any questions about where I have laser or anything just email me at fwandadsilk@bigpond.com.au.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Hi Mindie

I'm from Australia. My daughter (11 weeks old) has a PSW on her face between her nose & lip...I'm curious to hear more from you about your 'story so far'. If you would like to share more of your story with me, my email address is ssmiles@hotmail.com

Thanks!