Stork Bites, Angel Kisses, Salmon Patches - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Cutie patootie!!

Missy
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Hi Everyone,
I hadn't checked on here since last year as didn't think I'd had any replies...well today I've been amazed! Wish I checked sooner! Congratulations to everyone on the births of your gorgeous babies. Thanks so much for putting the photos on. I can now tell you that at nearly 9 months of age, my son's birthmarks have also faded considerably. So much so that at his 6 month dermatology appointment, his consultant was quite amazed. Even the marks on the back of his head - which apparently don't usually change, have faded a lot. Initially they were dark purple but now they are pale pink. The marks on his face still come and go depending on if he is hot/cold/crying. But generally when he is happy and settled the difference is remarkable and sometimes you can barely see them at all. I'll try to put some pictures on but it's not working at the moment because the files are too large, I'll re-adjust them and try again later. Best wishes to everyone...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator

If you can't post pics, email them as an attachment to contact@birthmark.org and I'll resize and post them!

Thanks for the update! Glad you're well!

Missy
Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Thanks Missy, I have sent them to you. I hope they give other parents some reassurance.....
Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator

They will give other parents some reassurance.

Plus, he's a doll!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-day-old.jpg (19.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8-months-old.jpg (9.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM

thanks so much for updating! what a handsome little man!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 PM

Thank you...I think so too!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:40 AM

Wow! That is an amazing change!!!!!! He is so adorable!

Shannon
Old 03-27-2010, 08:17 PM

Wow! Thank you very much, the pictures helped me alot. My baby is five days old with very prominent angel kisses over the eyelids, on the forhead, nose and upper lip. The doctor told me they werent port wine but I couldn't help but worry since the whole left eyelid was covered. I feel much better now, but my heart goes out to all those babies who are born with permenant marks and will face the challenges typical of that situation. It is heartbreaking, thanks jenny
Old 04-03-2010, 12:07 AM

Hi Jenny, congratulations on the birth of your baby! I'm so glad you found the photos helpful, I remember well how anxious and upset I was in those first few days and weeks after my son was born. All I can say is please do take reassurance from the photos and be sure to enjoy your little one! I really regret that so much of my time was consumed with worry about my son when he was newborn - they don't stay small for long and you have to cherish every moment! My son is fast approaching his 1st birthday and his birthmarks continue to fade (at some point I will update with some new photos). I feel very lucky that his marks are a type that fade of their own accord and that they do not cause him any discomfort, and like you my heart goes out to those that are not as fortunate. All the best to you x