Just saying thanks and Hi! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM

Default Just saying thanks and Hi!

Hi everyone! I have visited this site since Karlie's journey began. Karlie devoloped a large superficial hemangioma on her right cheek. It was noticed as a small bruise when she was two weeks old and continued to grow rapidly. We went through the rounds of visiting six dermatologist, two laser treatments, and steriod cream. Thanks to everyone on the site because without you all, I would have not known of the work that Dr. Waner does. Through this board, I found Sherri Foster. She helped us immensely by getting my daughter's pictures to Dr. Waner and providing much needed emotional support ( I was in a state of depression).

Long story short, at five months old,my daughter had the first of her two part surgery. She goes back for the second part this June. Since surgery, the part that was left behind has puffed up but hasn't grown out of the borders. Overall she's healed well and her outcome is promising. I have tried to crop my pics to size, so I hope I left enough of picture behind to be seen. Once again thanks to everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10661.JPG (93.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10814.JPG (81.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg close ups 048.JPG (95.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Administrator

She is lovely!!

Keep us updated, please. And get in touch with VBF if you find you need to. We're here for you!!

Missy
Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 AM

Default Wow

Your daughter looks wonderful! Impressive before and after photos! I am sure the part that puffed back up will be a distant memory before you know it. Good luck in June!