Treating AVMs surgically - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 09-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Treating AVMs surgically

Who is the most skilled surgeon in treating head and neck avms? Would really appreciate your views and experiences
Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 AM

Without a doubt, Dr. James Suen in Little Rock Arkansas! He has been treating my son since he was 2, now 12. He takes on the most difficult cases from around the country and world! My son was one of them.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:05 PM

Take a look at Dr. Gary Steinberg. Stanford, Palo Alto. He treated my large AVM w/embolizations and 2 surgeries and is at the forefront in research. His whole team was excellent, I owe my life to Stanford.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Hi mmlongood and coffeemate

I don't know much about Dr Steinburg however I do know Dr Suen and we have been in touch on email for over a year. He is a wonderful person as is his team. Once my face settles from my last surgery with Dr Waner who is also very good and once I can get the funding then I plan and hope, God willing, to have my next surgery with Dr Suen. Thanks for posting and sorry for my late reply
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Default Dr sally mitchell

My daughter when she was around 5 and 6 had 6 embolization treatments with dr mitchell at johns hopkins hospital.
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/vascu.../mitchell.html

Dr. Sally Mitchell is an Professor of Radiology, Surgery, and Pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Mitchell graduated summa cum laude from Ohio University, completed her medical training with an M.D. from Ohio State University. After residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Cincinnati, she completed a fellowship there in CT, Ultrasound, and Interventional Radiology. She continued subspecialty training at Johns Hopkins in Interventional Radiology, and subsequently joined the faculty in Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology.

She was not only amazing as a doctor but as a person also, my daughters was in the diaper area and was very understanding of even though everyone wanted to see because not many have it but not letting and even letting me email pictures to her of the recovery and healing so that it reduced my daughter of having to go through that embarresment over and over.
I love her and will be seeing her again shortly as it is about the time i was told it could come back.