Laser treatments of infants : PLEASE HELP - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 07-28-2003, 04:30 AM
Rina Nep

Default Laser treatments of infants : PLEASE HELP

Hi my dughter is 4 months old and has PWS covering her left cheek , under eye and upper lip area. WE had one laser treatment done by Ilona Frieden at UCSF ( unversity of San Francisco). It's has been 5 weeks but I do not see much results - also not sure how deep the leison is.

I need to know if anyone had success with this doctor and also if you heard of Doctor Roy Geronemous - he is in New York. I am considering going there to try his treatments.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:51 AM

Default Re:Laser treatments of infants : PLEASE HELP

Hi Rina Nep, my name is Hank.
I have seen doctor Frieden but she could not help me because of how surver my marks are.
I have heard nothing but good news about her until now. your daughters mark will not go away in one laser treatment I can not see the mark for myself to see how deep or discolored it is but I have been doing laser treatment for 14 years now and my marks are not gone. There are a couple of people on this website that have used Dr. Frieden to treat their children, you will just have to look for the posts. I think Dr. Frieden is the subject of one of the posts.
You should atleast give her team one more chance for treatment, if you have questions why it is not change ask them they are very open to questions.

If you have any other questions you would like to ask me please do I am here for you.

Hank
Old 07-31-2003, 04:01 AM
mamalamb

Hi,

Remember it usually takes around 8 weeks to see results. Also remember that you need to have realistic expecitations when treating. Pws will not be fully eradicated. You also have to consider that the central face area is the most stuboorn area to treat. They are not totally impossible, but may take many more txs than other areas of the face. The central face area includes the fatty portion of the cheek from under the eye to the upper lip.

I have heard that Dr. Frieden is good. Dr. Geronemus is also a fantastic doctor as well. We are traveling from Texas to Dr. G for treatments as my dd's pws is stubborn. He has a one of a kind laser that seems to be helping my dd's lesion at this time.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:03 AM
karenrose

We liked Geronemus a lot, and he has a great reputation.