Hemangioma on Nose - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Wonderful! Sounds like you've got the right treatment plan!

Do keep us updated! Let us know how things are going.

Missy
Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 PM

Default Laser Surgery

Hello All,

Well our daughter, Ouest, underwent her first pulsed dye laser treatment this morning and we are over the moon with how well it went. She was in and out in just ten minutes and seemed to suffer very little pain.

Dr. Delfanian is very happy with the procedure. Her nose already looks much better. The bright red is now black and appears to have been "killed". And the deeper bluish hemangioma has faded significantly and, despite being swollen from the treatment, is actually smaller than beforehand. We can already see a difference in the profile of her nose.

We won't know for a couple of weeks to what extent we got it, but it appears that this one treatment made very significant progress and may have even got it all. Fingers crossed. However we feel confident that even if we didn't quite get it all that we will be able to knock it out with another treatment next month.

We are very happy with how everything went. Dr. Delfanian was terrific with our baby girl and with us. In just one week he answered our e-mail from Mexico for help, we spoke to him at his home on a Saturday, he stayed late to meet with us on Thursday, and he performed the procedure on Friday. Incredible. We are so happy that we were able to move so quickly on this. In just that one week we observed the hemangioma growing a quarter inch.

The only bad news we discovered this week is that Ouest also has hemangioma on her forehead and eyelids. It is very superficial at this stage. So much so that we are just going to continue observing it, but Dr. Delfanian has assured us that if it begins to raise up at all that he will be able to treat it very quickly. And he has got our full confidence. Because she is now showing in three areas we will also be going in for an ultrasound this week to check her out internally.

For now we're concentrating on our successes though and my wife and I feel like we've done the right thing and that our baby girl is on her way to having her perfect little nose back.

I'll post pictures soon.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Administrator

What wonderful news!! All our doctors rock.... they really do go the extra mile for VBF families!

Can't wait for the pics!!

Missy
Old 02-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Default Post-Op Pics

Here is the pic from the morning before the treatment.

Immediately after the pulsed dye laser treatment. The darkest spot is where it was bright red beforehand. Above that was the deeper blueish area. A day later that black area is already scabbing up and looks as if it is going to peel off within a few days.

We'll follow up with more pics as the days progress.

Last edited by bumfuzzle : 02-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Administrator

awwwwwwwww. what a doll!

Thank you for posting those... she looks wonderful!

Missy
Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 PM

I am so glad I found this. Our pictures look exactly the same. My daughter is 6 weeks. Are you happy with the lazer treatments? What other resources have you found?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 PM

Default One Week

One week after Ouest's first pulsed dye laser treatment.

This was taken at one week, now just ten days after it is actually looking quite a bit better than this. It now appears like the superficial bright red of the H is going to be completely gone. The deeper area does look as if it has shrunk, but in my opinion it's going to need more treatment. We'll know more in two weeks when we see the doctor again.

Pat, Ali, and Ouest
www.bumfuzzle.com
Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Administrator

He looks wonderful!!

I wish I had a beautiful baby to snuggle!! My boys are getting waaaay past the cute stage!

Missy
Old 02-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Your daughter is beautiful! Hang in there... my son has a hemangioma on his neck and on the side of his nose.. He has been on Propranolol for 3 weeks now and we can tell a difference in the size and color! I just remember to thank God everyday that he is alteast healthy despite his birthmarks :0)
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 PM

bumfuzzle: Welcome to the site. Like you when I first found out about my daughter having a hemangioma I went researching. I came across this site and learned about propanolol. I've also read about it on other sites. My daughter has just started propanolol. She started it on the 11th I believe it was. We have noticed a difference but right now we are at a stand still. If you need to talk further you can email me: bish0509@yahoo.com I would gladly talk with you more.