Hemangioma on Nose - Page 9 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 12-29-2011, 09:42 PM

Beautiful.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:23 AM

Default One Last Thing

My wife wanted me to mention that we had a baby boy five months ago and that he was born with no markings at all. This was something that we, mostly my wife, worried a lot about both before and during the pregnancy.

I know it's something that a lot of us worry about after dealing with a child with an H, so just thought we'd throw our two cents in. I know there are no hard and fast rules or statistics out there regarding this.

All the best.

Pat
Old 01-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Awwww Pat! All the best to you too!

Missy
Old 01-14-2012, 03:40 PM

Beautiful photo! So precious.
Shannon
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 PM

Default nose hemangioma

My son was born with a hemangioma on his nose. I noticed it as soon as he was born. When he was about 4 mos old he started the propranolol treatment. For awhile there wasn't much change as the propranolol was preventing it from growing. But as time passed his hemangioma is hardly noticeable and we are preparing to take him off the propranolol. He is now 18 mos. I would recommend the propranolol. My son had no side effects and took the medicine easily. Just remember as my doctors always reminded me that hemangiomas on the nose seem to take the longest to go away. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 AM

Default It's been a long time

Hello All,

It's been a long time since we've been to this thread, but we have a question.

Our daughter Ouest is now 3 years and 2 months old and hasn't had a laser treatment on her nasal tip h in just over two years. Her nose has looked great. Virtually gone to anyone's eyes but our own.

But suddenly three days ago Ouest woke up with an open sore on her nose right where the hemangioma is. Like it has ulcerated? It sort of looks as if the skin just broke open from the inside out if that makes sense. Every morning she wakes with it all scabbed up with pus. And every night she has a shower and it cleans right up and looks like just a sort of raw sore.

This is hugely unexpected for us. We had thought this was well and truly behind us and that over the next couple of years the slight purplish tint that occurs when she is tired or has been crying would just go away.

Has anyone else had this happen at such a late age?

To our eyes the nasal tip looks slightly misshapen again, though I believe that may just be our fear.

We've e-mailed Dr. Delfanian in Minnesota as he was the one who treated her originally, though we have yet to hear back. We currently live in Mexico so making an appt to see him isn't really an option.

Anyway, we're just curious if anyone can shed any light on this for us.

Thanks.

Pat and Ali Schulte
www.bumfuzzle.com

Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 AM

Hmm. It is difficult to tell what's going on. It seems unlikely that it would be an ulceration at this point, right? How long did it take to get to this point like from when you first started to notice a problem? It does look really sore and look how she is still smiling. Maybe it's a coincidence or maybe if she got a little cut there it was more susceptible to getting carried away/infected? Sorry I don't have many answers. I'm probably asking the same question you have already been asking. I think it's a good idea to talk to the doctor who treated her, but if you are having trouble getting a response you can email one of the experts here on this site and they may be able to give you their opinion on it. Is she on an antibiotic for it anyway? Maybe if it clears up easily with that, you may have your answer. Hopefully it will get better really soon so you can put your worries to rest! Let us know what you find out! Good luck!

I love the pink mask by the way! I have 4 daughters and that mask would be a hit at my house for sure!
Shannon
Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 AM

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the reply. This actually came on overnight. Like literally went to be with nothing there and woke up with it. It's gotten a little worse every day now. We're not getting much of a reply from the doctor who treater her other than to see a local physician right away. So tomorrow we're seeing a dermatologist. At least we can get her going on antibiotics and see what shakes out.

We keep reading that ulcerations are extremely painful, and while she does say it hurts occasionally, it sure doesn't seem to qualify as extremely painful. I think the pain she complains of is probably just due to the scab sort of pulling this way and that as she goes about her normal day.

Anyway, we'll be sure to report back in when we know more.

Thanks.

BTW, the mask was from the Carnaval celebrations down here in Mazatlan. She woke up the morning after the parade and immediately put it back on for the rest of the day.

Pat
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 AM

Oh my has she grown up!!! I remember the posts as a baby! She is beautiful!
Alison
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM

My daughter's ulceration on her lip was extremely painful. She was screaming all day (she was only a baby though) but you could tell that is was very, very painful. Good luck! I hope it clears up quickly!
Shannon