What are the signs? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Post What are the signs?

hey all!

Apart from the obvious greying of the hm I just wondered what are any other signs of them starting to go? Do they feel less hot? Does the colour change from bright red? etc etc!

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM

At first my daughter's H was bright red, and the tiny swollen lobules were as if protruding from the skin, and the H was slowly spreading at the edges. But then it stopped growing at once, and those grey patches became more visible. Now it isn't bright red and looks like a purple bruise if you look at it from the distance. And if you look closer you'll notice that the vessels are as if hiding into the skin and deflating. But sometimes it's warm to touch still.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 AM

Thanks Nataly!

Does anyone else have any experiences of anything else?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Red face

Anyone know??!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Honestly, the only sign that I know of IS the greying that starts in the center. Other than that, each hemangioma seems to take its own course.

Missy
Old 04-09-2010, 06:57 PM

my daughters is greying, and is much less red and appears more dull instead of shiney. it's also not as firm as it used to be. i had to look at past pictures to really see the difference, but it's there!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Our doc also mentioned that it's clear DDs has stopped growing and may have begun to involute because it's less taught and more squishy than it used to be. It's still very hot to the touch, but there's noticeable gray and it's not as bright red.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 PM

Are any of you afraid to touch the H if it ulcerated previously? I am scared to death my daughter's is going to ulcerate again so I've been keeping it covered about half the time and touching it more than I feel I should.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM

Our daughters lost the fine bright red capillaries at the edge that looked like new growth and got grey areas here and there. The red colour got less strong.

The grey then at times appeared flesh coloured and now have become always looking flesh coloured where in those areas the remaining red areas are also getting smaller. Other areas are still red but the oval shape can appear slightly like a cross now due to the flesh coloured areas. But even in these flesh coloured areas there is still not normal flesh yet.

We are now at 15 months and have applied no treatment of any kind.

Unfortunately i no longer have a working close up camera to show you and all my earlier pictures got deleted at MSNVB.

Last edited by andrewedwardjudd : 05-26-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies. My LO's is def not as bright red as it used to be and maybe isn't quite so shiney but i'm still waiting to see some definite signs at 13 months. Fingers crossed!