propranolol oimntment for H on lip - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-27-2010, 05:34 PM

We just do a drop in the morning and a drop at night. It's a medicine meant for glaucoma so it comes in a eye dropper bottle - kind of a clear gel that dries quickly on the skin. Super easy and quick. It hasn't made my daughter's H's dissapear, but it has lightened and kept the one on her cheek from growing and the deep one under her eyelid has shrunk quite a bit - no longer causing the lid to droop over her pupil. I'd say it is worth a shot because there are really no bad things that can happen if you try it...if it doesn't work then you can just stop using it (but give it at least 2 months because it works slower than propranolol or steroids).
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 PM

How old are all of your kiddos that are using this? My daughter is 20 mos. and is past the growth stage......her h is greying a bit in the middle. Were your kiddos younger? Were their h's raised? Basically, I'm wondering if this might take some of the color out of hers so it's less noticeable until her hair grows in.