Involution? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 04-27-2010, 02:54 AM

Default Involution?

My son is six months now. His h has started greying out. Center part of h is slowly showing skin color. From this forum i have found that during involution H color changes to grey during involution. But my son H is turning to skin color.

My Ped says Involution has started. I am so happy but i've concern on bump.
Ped says after involution red part turns to skin color and bump size reduces to small. She says it can be removed by surgery.

Does this require any plastic/cosmetic surgery to remove the bump completely and to get back to normal skin?

Surgery leaves any scar???

How does the bump looks after involution is completed.

Please share your experience and if you any photos after and before.

Thanks,
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 AM

If you area willing to share a picture, it might give others with similar experience something to give advice on. Yes, some involution can quickly become normal skin color. The color will fade and the deep portion will too...but it is best to get advice from an expert on the possibility the deep portion will go away completely and if any will leave damaged skin. It really depends a lot on many factors. (elasticity in the skin, location, size, timeline etc.). We have many experts on our front page with so much experience they are often able to predict based on seeing thousands of cases what you might see. Again, all h. have a mind of their own it seems.

Feel free to email me if you prefer. Surgery scar... yes. but it again depends on the area, size etc. the surgeons are amazing and often can hide the scar and can also give you advice on how the scar itself may fade.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 PM

Thanks nickbar for your reply.
Sorry for not mentioning the location of H. H is on forehead. My previous thread has photos. Soon will share the latest photos....