birthmark - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 06-30-2003, 03:48 PM
neo

Default birthmark

hi there does anyone know about the chances off my children having ,same port wine birthmark as me or even worse?thanks
Old 07-01-2003, 02:50 AM

Default Re:birthmark

Hi Neo, my name is Hank.

I have been told that PWS is not gentic and I can not pass it onto my children. I think the same might be for you. The only way to tell is after birth. Some doctors say the reason some people get PWS is parts of the placenta attachs itself onto the embreo while the child is being developed.

If you want any other info message back or email me.

Hank B
Old 10-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Sassydd

Default Re:birthmark

Hello Neo
I read you concern and would like to tell you that I am 51 and have had a port wine on my right forehead all my life. I have two grown sons (30 & 31) and neither of them have a birthmark. So, from someone who knows - the port wine is not necessarily a heriditary trait.

I also had treatments with the Blue Argon Laser at the age of 36, this was of no help. Again the V Beam twice at the age of 38 scarred me (not deeply) and then I went for treatment about 4 years ago using the Sclero laser (not sure if that is spelled right) these treatsment were just okay. I am still looking for the ultimate treatment as this stain is also on my eyelid.

If anyone out there has a good result report for the stain on the forehead/eyelid please let me know. I live in Orlando Florida and am looking for a complete success story. I will never give up if there is something that will help me feel completely better about myself.