Before and after surgery pics - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 09-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Default Before and after surgery pics

I will post more as she progresses! Surgery went well and her Hemangioma is GONE for good. Hooray!

Her surgery was at Beth Israel hopstial in NYC by Dr. Waner. He is fabulous and I cannot say enough about him! We just got her drainage tube out yesterday and stitches come out next Friday!

I would be happy to answer any questions! Her Hemangioma showed up at 1 week old and I found it to be a real struggle to find any information that did not say "wait and see". I was fortunate to have a friend who referred me to Dr. Waner and I am so glad. My daughter's hemangioma was compound and grew rapidly until 3 months of age. She was 4.5 months on the date of her surgery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before surgery.jpg (51.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg after surgery.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Hi! Congrats! I can imagine the relief you feel now that the h is gone for good. Thanks for posting the pictures, it looks great! Hope she heals fast. Please keep us posted to the progress.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator

I'm so glad you came by and posted an update. We were all wondering about you last week.

Very happy for you guys!!

Missy
Old 09-14-2010, 03:23 AM

Oh my goodness. She is so cute! I'm sure she'll heal quickly! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
shannon
Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 AM

Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope everything heals up quickly. You are very lucky to of found a Doctor willing to do the surgery. Our son is now 17 months and no Doctors (in Ontario) that we have spoken to are willing to remove his H (which is on is forehead) until he is much old like 5 or 6. It has been extremely frustrating especially when all the Doctors I have spoken to in USA are saying it should be removed now. Please keep us posted on how your daughter is healing!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnama View Post
Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope everything heals up quickly. You are very lucky to of found a Doctor willing to do the surgery. Our son is now 17 months and no Doctors (in Ontario) that we have spoken to are willing to remove his H (which is on is forehead) until he is much old like 5 or 6. It has been extremely frustrating especially when all the Doctors I have spoken to in USA are saying it should be removed now. Please keep us posted on how your daughter is healing!
Can you come to the US at all to have it done?

She gets her stitches out on Friday so I will post a new pic then. So far its healing beautifully (1 week post op today).
Old 09-16-2010, 02:32 PM

Wow, she looks great! Yay, for good doctors and surgeons.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM

We could come to the USA but we would have to pay for it out of our pocket :s We would need some time to save up that kind of money...but if we can't the help we need here than we will be going to the US.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 PM

she is adorable...Thank you for the information on Dr. Waner.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 PM

She is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!! I know you must feel a relief! My daughter has one but on her ear and it has grown and grown. I can't wait until I have the relief of knowing it is gone! I don't know what process will it take to be removed but hopefully its the best. All this scares me but I have faith in God and the doctors that everything will come out fine.