Hemangioma on nose - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmarie40 View Post
My daughter was diagnosed at 9 weeks with a nasal tip hemangioma. We noticed a "bruise" on the tip of her nose at about 6 weeks and thought nothing of it until it did not go away. When she was diagnosed her doctor wanted to do the "wait and see" method, and I allowed it for one month.

My daughters was a deep hemangioma, we never got the dark red appearance, just a blue-ish tint and it stared to grow. After a month of waiting (and growth) we went back to the doctor determined to get some kind of treatment. From all I read I really wanted to try propanalol. When we arrived the doctor said in that month he had gone to a conference and saw amazing results on some children with the use of propanalol. We were excited and scared but very optimistic to try it.

We are extremely happy with our decision, the "swelling" stopped immediately and the color improved. After just a couple of weeks we no longer had people ask, "did she bump her nose?", and she is a happy wonderful baby.

She is now 9 months old and you can barely see it. I think I only notice because I am looking for it. She will be on the medication through the growth phase I assume and will probably come off at the end of spring or early summer. Currently she is 17 pounds and takes 1.25ml of propanalol 3x a day.

I just wanted to share and hopefully give a ray of hope to other parents.

I just wanted to update everyone on our daughter. She is almost 8 months and we have had the exact same experience as the story above. It is a huge blessing. It is so heartbreaking to re-read my original post and to remember what a scary time that was. I hope that this is comforting to some parents that are just starting their journey with their child. Propanalol is a miracle drug!!