Green Birthmark under right eye any good concealer out there? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 09-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Cool Green Birthmark under right eye any good concealer out there?

Hi my name is Alicia, I was born with a green bluish birthmark under my right eye. Looks like a black eye or if anyone sees beyond that you can guess it's a birthmark. It was hard 1 year in elementary when you get the one dam kid who is mean. I was called black eyed pea a couple times and there was also a restaurant here in Arizona with that name as well. Other then that I used to get stares but I didn't care. My eyes are horrible so I got glasses, not to cover it up but it kinda help shield. You couldn't really see it unless the light would shine off glasses or if I looked up a certain way at the light. Im 30 now and I decided to get new glasses I was looking for a certain width and a rectangular lens. Didn't realize that these new glasses would make sure a difference but they do. Now in the lens you can see my whole birthmark and now Im a little self conscious and my neighbors are seeing it now thinking it's a black eye because they couldn't really see it before.Growing up when I first met people or had new Drs or Dentist I would tell them hey this is a birthmark not a black eye my husband doesn't beat me. They laugh a little and they appreciate I tell them.
My feelings and self consciousness is coming back due to new glasses. It doesn't bother me that much but it does bother me. I put my everyday makeup on light eye concealer following my powder. But I wouldn't mind concealing it more, does anyone know of a good concealer thats not to dramatic but will calm it down? If so Im interested in finding it. When I was a kid I asked about it being removed but its to close close to my eye and it could possibly blind me. I said No thank you but I realize I am who I am wouldn't change it but I will conceal it a little. Im so glad I could vent and talk about this. Thank you.