ask help-- lower lip treatment - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 04-10-2006, 12:05 PM
petrina

Default Re: ask help-- lower lip treatment

Dear Catherine and Claire.

I thought you would like to know that Russell has had his lip operation at the beginning of march and everything went great. it has been about 6 weeks since and he looks good he had trouble eating and drinking and had 16 stitches across his lip but now the swelling has nearly gone down and it looks completely normal except for a tiny bit of birthmark left. but they managed to take away most of the mark when they took some of the lip away. his lip was hard but he did not have many pain killers will send you some photos if you like he is returning to school next week as he did not go back because he had to wait for the stitches to dissolve which took about 3 weeks.
well worth doing he is very happy with it we are just looking for a good face cream to cover up the rest of the birthmark. know of any good ones for a boy.

good wishes to you all

Petrina and Russell ;
Old 04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
clairesmum

Default Re: ask help-- lower lip treatment

Hi Petrina,

I haven't been into this website for so long, and it was only by chance that I came today. I didn't even think to look at "new replies to your posts", thinking it has been so long, so how I found your message from last week, is a miracle itself.

I am so glad Russell's surgery went so well. You both must be so happy. I bet he enjoyed the 3 weeks off school also.

We have had some good news for Claire. A plastic surgeon in Brisbane (Qld) has finally been granted theatre time at the Children's Hosp, so he can do laser under GA for the kids. This has taken him over 5 years to get. Now we don't need to travel to Sydney, whew. As he will be doing the laser, we will always be in contact with him to keep an eye on Claire's lip. It seems to have settled down a lot lately, but some mornings it can be really big. Does this sound familiar with Russell at all? Did they seem to think that they had removed enough of the b/mark for it not to return or this that a big unknown?

I am so glad all went well and you can email me photos privately at bcparker@dodo.com.au .

All the best
catherine