Just an update! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 03-09-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Just an update!

Hi everyone I just wanted to come in and do an update. I know what it's like being a "newbie" on this site and other sites and looking for those success stories and "updates" from people so I wanted to do just that. I try to come in monthly and read and "help" out in any way I can as well. Time just isn't always on my side. *lol*

Background: Daughter Lexi had DEEP hemangioma above left eye on eyebrown towards nose. Found at about 3 months old. Started propanolol when she was about 5 months old. Did 72 hour stay in Childrens.

My daughter Lexi is now on day #3 with NO propanolol. She has been on it since Feb. 2010 and we started weaning her off once when she was around a year old (August 2010)and her hemangioma came back (got larger I should say) And we just started weaning her off again -she was down to two doses, and then one and now today is day 3 of NO propanolol. She is looking great! We have had success with propanolol. It was a very hard decision to make at first but we are glad that we made it.

If anyone has any questions you can PM me and I'd be glad to talk with you.

Just wanted to update and wish everyone luck. I'll keep checking in when I can.
Takes 3 doses per day at 1.3ml
2nd Weaning of prop. not a success back on it March 22. Only one dose of 1.3ml now- 19 months old Did Timolol gel for awhile, stopped, & back on - 4 years old. Off of Timolol -doesn't seem to be doing anything. Surgery was a success!!! April 2014
http://lexihemangiomapropanolol.blog...roduction.html

Last edited by momof3inpa2009 : 03-09-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo mistake
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Thank you so much for the update! You'd be surprised at the number of people who forget to come in and tell me what's going on.

Time is never on my side, either. What is that all about?

Missy