Cavernous hemangioma. Microwave destruction. - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 03-22-2011, 06:39 AM

Default Cavernous hemangioma. Microwave destruction.

Good afternoon. Me and my youngest daughter from Russia.
Girl age 8 months. At 2 months there was a hemangioma right parotid region.
Doctor ourselves in the children's hospital in Moscow.
The ultrasound study of hemangioma 11/29/1910: In the right parotid region marked hemangioma 3.4 * 4.1 * 3.5cm.
Volume = 25.5sm3. The structure of the medium echogenicity. Uniform, with smooth precise contours. In the DRC a large number of vessels. Bloodstream of high intensity. Arterial blood flow Vs28-85cm / sec. By hemangioma fit several large vessels. Venous blood flow 8.5-22cm / sec. Dominated by arterial vessels. Hemangioma supply blood to the pool the external carotid artery. Trunk somewhat convoluted NSA, 4 mm in diameter. Data on the intracerebral distribution is not revealed.
12/02/1910 implemented microwave destruction of hemangioma. Assigned to a course of Prednisolone 5mg per 1 kg of the body, the course of 42 days every other day.
01/24/1911 ultrasound hemangiomas. In the right parotid region marked Hemangioma 3.5 * 3.5 * 2.8sm. Volume = 17.9sm3. The structure of the medium echogenicity, homogeneous with clear margins. In the DRC a large number of vessels. Bloodstream of high intensity. Arterial blood flow Vs13-68cm / sec. By hemangioma fit several large vessels. Venous blood flow 9-14cm / sec.
01/26/1911 making a second microwave destruction of hemangiomas. Appointed to a second course (after break in 10 days) Prednisolone 5mg to 1 kg of body rate of 42 days through the day and Viferon 150000ED - 2 times a day.
Readmission is scheduled for March 28, 2011.
Offer to embolize vessels for fear of "withdrawal" of prednisolone and a consequence of this - the growth of hemangioma.
But, as I know, this type of treatment used in adults because high risk for serious complications. Plus, the effectiveness of these operations is questionable.

Advise what is possible to conduct a survey, and what treatment to my child with minimum risk to health.
Sincerely, Tatyana.

Last edited by Gayka : 03-22-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

I know that you have written to a couple of doctors here, but have you communicated with Olga? She is our Russian coordinator and she might be able to hook you up with another physician there.

If you have not talked to Olga, let me know and I'll send her your story, with your permission.

Missy

PS.... What a beautiful baby!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Hi Missy!
Thank you very much for the reply and the compliment!
No, I'm not talking to Olga and I would be grateful if you send her my story.
Sincerely, Tatyana.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 PM

If you can, then here are my coordinates
ICQ 152069275
gayka1975@gmail.com
Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Thanks!

I have taken your message and sent it to Olga. She will probably get in touch with you soon.

Let me know what happens!

Missy