Success treatment is finished - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Smile Success treatment is finished

Hi All

We have not posted for sometime. I wanted to share out wonderful news with you all.

My daughter Brooke was born with KHE down her throat and accross her face, after 3 1/2 year of steriod and chemo treatment I am happy to say we are finished.

Brooke was finally taken of steriod last month she now has no sign of Hemangiomas and has been discharged from the children hospital. After nearly 4 years I can finally say I have a little girl with no medical complications.

To all you parents whose children are still receving treatment, there is a big light at the end of the tunnel and yes I know how hard the road can be but it is worth every little step you make when you see your child smiling at you because her doctor has told her that there are no more needles.

Stay strong and look forward every day.

Cheryl & Brooke
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Woohoo!!!! Glad Brooke is doing so well and thank you for the wonderful update!

Take care and come back and visit sometime!

Missy
Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 AM

Cheryl,
Thank you so much for the update on Brooke. I am so thrilled to read your post. Thank you for your support of other families as well
Old 04-14-2011, 03:49 AM

Wow!!! That is so awesome! I am so happy for you. You must be very relieved! It is a reminder to me (and all of us) to not take good health for granted!

shannon
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 PM

So Happy for your daughter (and you)!! Its always nice to hear a happy ending
Old 05-12-2011, 06:59 AM

SOOO happy to hear the success of the treatments. I sent you a message but I'm hoping this finds you, incase that doesn't. My son is only 7 weeks old and starting the very long journey your daughter has endured. You see, he has KHE on his face and neck. It started to effect his breathing and eating at one point when the tumor was trapping so many platelets that his dropped down to 6. He was started on Vincristine and steroids (they are now slowly taking him off the steroids) and it has brought it back to a state where he can eat and breath normally. We were in the hospital for the last three weeks straight and we were just able to come home. We aren't sure if this will ever get smaller or if we have just stopped it from growing and eating his platelets. Your success just makes me so hopeful and to get to speak with you and share pictures would mean the world to me. Thanks so much for your time and God bless your daughter. Enjoy being free of this struggle.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 PM

Default Skip

Hi

So sorry only just seen your message. I have sent you an email to the address you left.

More than happy to speak to you. I wish you son well.

Cheryl & Brooke