my husband has a birthmark on his tounge - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 05-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Default my husband has a birthmark on his tounge

hi my husband has a birthmark on his tounge he's bin bk and forth 2 london for 19years !! at the eastgrinstead hospital thats where he had his first operation dun it took up 2/3rds of his tounge its pockets of blood but they carnt lazer it it has do b done with stitches to cut of the blood supply has any 1 else ever had this sort of thing dun ...
Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

I'm going to have to let someone else answer. Just wanted to tell you to be patient. This forum doesn't get as many readers as others.

Missy
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM

Hi. I'm new to this forum and just saw your post. I have multiple blue clustered venous malformations growing off my tounge, mostly under it. I don't know if this is the same thing as what your husband has.
I just had "ndyag" laser treatment a few months ago and it worked very well. They didn't try to get everything, but it looks and feels much better now.
The doctor explained that the laser color has to match the color of the lesion, which is why there are very few places that can treat a "true" venous malformation (blue) with a laser. It also doesn't work well on the outside of the body because it will leave a nasty scar.
I don't know if they have this laser where you are. I am in the U.S.
I hope this is helpful. Please send me a private message if you would like more details.
Hang in there!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:04 PM

I have had lots of laser surgeries done on both legs (as I have a port wine covering about 1/3 of me). Yes, it has faded it a little, but the area is so massive, I would have to make it a fulltime job to get the whole things done. Also, it takes about ten surgeries per area to make any difference. I also heard that it only lasts ten years, like eye surgery.

I am waiting for stem cell surgery to be possible. I hope they can do that before I get into my 50s, as I am afraid my marks will get soar and bleed, as one doctor told me.

I heard Harvard is experimenting stem cell surgeries on port wines. The president has a PWS. Anyone know about this?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:52 PM

i really dont want my pws to bulk up any more. drinking soup hard enough as it is !
Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 AM

its strange i have never seen or heard about mark on tongue
leather4sure-pleated leather skirt leather4sure-pleated leather skirt

Last edited by aleena : 09-04-2013 at 07:20 AM.