1st laser treatment under our belt - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Default 1st laser treatment under our belt

Ella (9 1/2 mos) got her first laser treatment last week for the H on her forehead and I'm very optimistic about things finally starting to settle down on the H front. It was quite nerving since it was at the children's surgery center and they have one main protocol for surgeries and I knew that the laser treatment was very non-invasive. It was still scary but after Dr. Levy came in, I rested knowing it was a no biggie type of procedure. The nurse took Ella from me and I basically had enough time to call my husband and shortly after I got off the phone with him, they were bringing her back. Talk about wam bam thank you ma'am! She must have been a little uncomfortable the first night because she sleeps through the night but woke up a few times a little irritable. I'll give her some tylenol the next time she has a treatment to ease her comfort. I haven't seen a difference yet but hope to in the next week or so. Dr. Levy wants to do another treatment in 6 weeks so we've got that scheduled for the middle of July. Once I get some updated pictures, I'll share.

We did also meet with the plastic surgeon about possibly removing it but he believed that we were on the right path right now and if nothing changed in the next few years, we'd look at removing it before she went to kindergarten.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Administrator

That sounds like a great update! You must be so relieved to have that first one behind you.

We'll look forward to photos!!

Missy
Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Please do show us updated photos if you can. Congrats.

C
Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Thank you!

This was 2 weeks past the first treatment. It's funny because in some pictures it looks so much lighter and others it looks no different than before. But then again, every day it looks a little different but maybe that's just because I see her all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 PM

It is common that the first tx. was pretty conservative to make sure the skin held up.
Hope she is sleeping better now.