Venous Malformation support - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 05-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Venous Malformation support

MY son has a venous malformation on his face. I see a lot of info about other types of birthmarks but not much on VM. We see Dr. Waner, Faye and Berenstein. Anyone out there in the same boat? I would like to form a Venous Malformation Support group and create a website to assist others like us. Any info would be appreciated.
Betsy
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Blamb, my son also has a vm slow flow on left cheek. Dr. burrows wants to do sclerotherapy. Did this work for you.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Default venous malformation

It improved his facial symetry to a degree. We are continuing fight the malformation with all the docs can offer. It has not gone away and I know it probably will not. But with every therapy he has done, there is a bit more improvement. Feel free to email me.
elamb1@carolina.rr.com
Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 PM

My daughter Camellia is 6 years old and has a large high flow AVM of the right mandible. We are going to Dr. Yakes for her 2nd treatment. I am hoping for a cure. I just registered to this site, so I haven't full figured out how to get around.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Hi Margie, Its good to find you, my daughter Nicole ( Niki) whose 6 has just been diagnosed with a high flow facial AVM in the soft tissue on right side of her face and to some extent behind the eye, Tomorrow she is having an angiogram to see the flow and feeder vessels to see what the docs can do. Have been worried sick and as you do have been surfing the net to find the answer ! Which the more i lsearch to more i understand about what a complex issue AVMs are , like you( i also found your comments on Caringbridge), and have seen your beautiful daughter Camellias photos, I hope that her treatment with Dr Yakes at Swedish went well as we too may consider this option depending on what we are told by Docs in UK, Hope to hear from you soon
Take Care

George ( Nicoles Daddy X )
Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Hi George!

Remember to come back and let us know how the appointment goes today and if you have any idea of a treatment plan!

Missy
Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Hello, my daughter has VM on her lower part of her body. She is schedule to have to treatments this month with Dr. Yakes in Denver CO. I would love to talk with anyone of you.
Hope to talk to you soon, Jacquee
Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 AM

Hi this is my first post here

I have Venous Malformation, in the lower side of my face, (mouth and throat)

I had sclerotherapy treatment in Boston, thanks to humanitarian organizations and hospital and staff mainly, for about 5 years

I came back to my country after it, Im 33 now and sometimes Im concerned about my health, like I have seen changes like the malformation is growing back
Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 PM

Hello Luna,

I would highly recommend you contact your doctors in Boston right away and share your concerns. If you need any help getting into contact with them, please let me know. You can email me at the address below my name
Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Thank you for your response

I sent you an email with some concerns that I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbar View Post
Hello Luna,

I would highly recommend you contact your doctors in Boston right away and share your concerns. If you need any help getting into contact with them, please let me know. You can email me at the address below my name